Wellington Avenue – Christmas Past
Test your knowledge of all things Christmas with this seasonal quiz. You will find the correct answers below.
1. In the seasonal movie, “White Christmas” starring Bing Crosby, what are Bing and his buddies trying to save?
2. In Canada, Santa has his own postal code. What is it?
3. In 1882 Clement Moore penned a poem for his family, “A Visit from St. Nicholas”. What was this iconic Christmas poem renamed?
4. In the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” what is the angel’s first name?
5. 5.8 million litres of this festive beverage are commercially sold each year. Name the drink.
6. Name the two reindeer mentioned in the Christmas song “Here comes Santa Claus”.
7. In what country did the poinsettia originate?
8. The tradition of exchanging gifts started in which country?
9. In the 1930’s the Addis Brush Company manufactured their first artificial brush tree using the same machinery that made what type of brushes?
10. Which country is the largest exporter of Christmas trees?
11. Name the TV series that opened in 1971 with an episode called “The Homecoming-A Christmas Story”.
12. In the Christmas television special “A Charlie Brown’s Christmas”, who is the director of the Christmas play?
13. Who narrated the original 1966 TV show “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”?
14. What does Alvin want for Christmas in the “Chipmunk Song”?
Need a quiet place to rest your head this holiday season? The Royal Hotel in historic downtown Chilliwack has cozy accommodations for you or your family this Christmas. Call the hotel to make your holiday reservations 1-888-434-3388.
Answers: 1. an Inn, 2. HOH OHO, 3. T’Was the Night before Christmas 4. Clarence 5. Eggnog 6. Vixen & Blixen 7. Mexico 8. Italy 9.toilet 10. Canada 11. The Waltons 12. Charlie Brown 13. Boris Karloff 14. A hoola hoop